Saturday, November 24, 2012

It´s hard to tell who´s training who when you´re dealing with a smart German Shephard..




Kind of hard to resist..


I have no problem whatsoever to get up in the middle of the night as many times as needed to feed my baby. The thing is that Hayley sleeps through the night now (most nights she sleeps 8-10hours without interruption). A month ago or so she usually wanted to eat between 2am -4.30am. After that she fell asleep, I feed the horses, played with the dogs, took a shower until her next feeding (that I usually did in bed.) The thing is that now when she sleeps to 8am almost every morning I would like to get up a little later than 5am. Stella our German Shepard don´t understand why I don´t come out at 4.30 to play with her… At 4.30 she starts sitting under our bedroom window and every now and then she calls for me. At 5am she start chasing one of my horses (she knows I don´t like that) and YES she knows which horses are mine..she also knows that if I can´t sleep (I´m the only light sleeper in the family) I will go out and feed the horses (she already have food). When I feed the horses I will play with her too. I guess she´s doing me a favor J It´s 7am and I already had some of today´s exercise, breakfast and some time to myself. Did I tell you that Stella is my husband´s dog? My dogs are asleep on the porch..

It makes me very happy to think about the sweet, loving dog Stella is now; compared to the dog she was when we adopted her 6months ago.





8 comments:

  1. What a cutie! :)

    I'd like to invite you to our Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop!

    Come link up and join in the fun!

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/11/sundaymonday-meet-greet-blog-hop_24.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! I will come by later today :) Have a great Sunday!
      Maria

      Delete
  2. Just thought I`d drop by! And say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheyenne! Always a pleasure to meet my readers :) Welcome back!
      Maria

      Delete
  3. Sweet Stella! Such a precious dog! Your blog is such a breath of fresh air!
    Katie from the simple lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie! Then I must be doing something right ;)

      Delete
  4. Dogs make like so interesting. I'm a fellow horse lover as well. :) I'm glad I found you. You have some gorgeous horses.

    My mom had a hard time trying german shepards as well when she did it. She did it well, but she claimed they were intense to train. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Crystal! Really nice "meeting" you. I agree with you, life is never boring with dogs around :) See you soon! /Maria

      Delete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?