Sunday, January 13, 2013

A mini adventure!



Lake Berryessa


Today I took my two babies to Lake Berryessa. I hadn't planned for that at all. When I checked my emailed this morning there was a photo assignment for today (from my teacher in the photography class). It was choosing one of the words on our photo list. I'd already done that! My word for the day was "Baby". My plan was to have a quiet day at home, taking pictures of Hayley. The rest of the emailed suggested that we'd go for a mini adventure while making a photo excursion. I quickly changed my word to "Lake" instead. I can't resist a suggestion that includes the word adventure! That would be impossible! Besides, there are so many places that I really want to explore around Napa, while we're in the neighborhood. 



Snacks for Hayley,  organic apple/cinnamon/oatmeal smoothie.


The backroads from Napa
 to Lake Berryessa.
I finally made up my mind and decided to go to Lake Berryessa. I've wanted to go there for quite some time now. I've never been there before. I looked at the map and it was only about an hour away. I made me some coffee. Didn't sleep much last night, that's partly why I planned a quiet day at home. However the sun was shining and it was too tempting to go on an adventure. A big cup of coffee later I packed Hayley and Whitey in the car and started driving.

The road was very narrow, but in good condition. It was a beautiful drive and I would of stopped and taken more pictures if it wasn't so dangerous. There were signs everywhere "no parking, any time". I did stop at a rest stop almost at our destination to changed a diaper and let Whitey run around for a while. 


As soon as we left Napa I barely saw any cars at all. (I did think for a second that maybe I shouldn't be there by myself.) 

It took me 1 hour and 15min to get there. It was well worth the drive, incredibly beautiful. My photography doesn't do the place justice. 



"If we only just take a moment to look around, we would find that the universe is in constant communication with us." - Alexandra Hotmer



I took this picture when we stopped to change a diaper.

Hayley and me


















Whitey

We walked about one mile on the side of the lake. Hayley is never more happy than when she is outside. We had a great day! I'm so happy that we didn't stay at home. I can highly recommend a visit! I know that I will be back sooner than later.









Miss Sunshine


2 comments:

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?